We’ve rounded our top 6 selfie destinations for your Spring Break Week! Sunny Southwest Florida is picture worthy around every corner– but we have been around here for quite some time and know THE BEST photo opportunity locations!
These spots will guarantee you likes on social media!
1. Trees at Lover’s Key State Park– This state park has a few tree trunk remnants lining the NE coast of the beach that make a great setting for a picture. It is often used by wedding and engagement photographers. One of the trees called the Seashell Tree has hundreds of shells that have become trapped within the branches. I would recommend taking your photo here early in the morning when the skies are sunny and bright or during sunset! Lover’s Key State Park is located at 8700 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931.
2. Sanibel Lighthouse- A historical spot on Sanibel is the perfect location to snap a pic! Located right on the Eastern tip of the island and surrounded by shrubbery this spot capture nature and architecture. The lighthouse was built in 1833 and although its no longer operating it still stands tall overlooking Lighthouse Beach. The Sanibel Lighthouse is located at 112 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, FL 33957.
3. Fort Myers Beach Pier- Located in the heart of “Times Square” on Fort Myers Beach, you will find many great spots to take pictures along the pier. While many people take pictures from/on top of the pier, don’t forget that underneath the pier, the geometric structure creates a great background! This is also a prime location for sunset shots! The Fort Myers Beach Pier is located at 10 Old San Carlos Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931.
4. Downtown Fort Myers Art Sculptures- If you’re not too crazy about the beach- we have you covered! In the Historic Downtown District of Fort Myers the city came together with Colombian artist Edgardo Carmona to provide the community with great art installations throughout the downtown area. These copper pieces from Carmona’s collection called “Allure Your Senses” showcase larger than life characters performing daily tasks like dancing, playing piano, walking the dog, even two drunks on a bench! Carmona wanted to show people that would typically not be on sculptures. To find a detailed map of all sculpture locations click here.
5. The Butterfly Estates- Another great location in the heart of Downtown Fort Myers is the Butterfly Estates. The Florida Native Butterfly Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and preservation of Florida’s native butterfly species. Here you will find unique shops as well as a butterfly garden. It’s a must see! The Butterfly Estates are located at 1815 Fowler Street, Fort Myers, FL.
6. Chair at The Boathouse Tiki Bar & Grill- Located at the Yacht Club Beach in Cape Coral, The Boathouse Tiki Bar is a favorite for locals and visitors alike. Great drinks, Great food and an amazing view of the water–Specially during sunset! What more could you want?! What makes this another one of our top 6 selfie destinations is the oversized lawn chair right outside the restaurant that provides the perfect selfie location! The Boathoouse Tiki Bar & Grill is located at 5819 Driftwood Pkwy, Cape Coral, FL 33904.
[Photo Credit: Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau, Allure Exhibit and The Florida Native Butterly Society]