Tourist Highlight: Edison & Ford Winter Estates
If you’re knew to the SW Florida area you might not be familiar with some of the great attractions! One of them is the Thomas Edison & henry Ford Winter Estates. The Edison & Ford Winter Estates includes over 20 acres of botanical gardens, nine historic buildings including Edison’s Botanic Research Laboratory and the Edison Ford Museum containing an impressive collection of inventions, artifacts and special exhibit galleries. The Edison Ford Winter Estates offers a variety of tours, insuring that there is something for everyone. You will be able to enjoy the 1929 historic landscape throughout the property including the award winning Moonlight Garden. It’s definitely a picture opportunity!
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates are open seven days a week from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Guided and Self Guided Tours with Audio Wands available (English, German, Spanish and French)
Here’s a few useful tips to remember when visiting:
- Service animals are the only animals permitted on property
- Wheel chairs are available on a first come, first served basis
- ADA accessible with parking located at Edison Ford entrance
- Bus & RV parking available
- Wear comfortable walking shoes – guided tours are approximately one mile and 60 minutes in length
- Picnic area available with tables
- Museum Store
- Garden Shoppe
- Historic Cottage Shoppe
- Edison Ford Guidebooks are available with ticket purchase for additional $3.00
- Site maps available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese.
And make sure to take lots of pictures to remember your time here!
Check out the various coupons we offer for SWFL Attractions!