4 Days Of Play In And Around Naples
January 8, 2020 • Activities
Your days in Collier County, otherwise known as the Paradise Coast, should be free of structure, schedules, and over-planning. Relax and stay awhile! However, to make sure you experience the best the region has to offer, we have done a little planning for you, with lots of time for relaxation and the great outdoors built right in. Here’s our hand-crafted itinerary:
- If you are flying in, pick up your rental car at the airport. Or even better, hire a car from Naples Transportation & Tours to keep your vacation as stress-free as possible.
- Get settled in at Naples Bay Resort, where you are perfectly poised for spending hours on the water, when you are not lounging around the lazy river pool complex or getting pampered in the spa, that is.
- Do dinner at the quintessential Southwest Florida way–aboard a boat. The luxury yacht Naples Princess does a sunset dinner cruise with a sumptuous buffet. It is the perfect introductory overview of the town and its seascape from a new perspective.
- Beach time! Head north to Vanderbilt Beach for some sun time, and go extreme with a parasail, wave runner, or banana boat adventure from Marco Island Water Sports. It sets up shop there and also on Marco Island.
- Break for lunch at Pinchers restaurant in the Tin City shopping complex downtown Naples. Feast on the freshest local seafood in a casual waterside setting.
- Finish your sea-themed day with a sunset cruise aboard Manatee Eco-Tours, a serene ride that takes you in search of Florida’s lovable gentle-giant.
- If the manatee tour has whetted your appetite for spotting wildlife, it’s time to head east to the Florida Everglades. Wooten’s provides a comprehensive introduction to local wild things with its well-stocked alligator pond and animal exhibits. Take advantage of a backwoods tour in a swamp buggy, a form of transportation invented specifically to travel the wetlands of the Everglades.
- After lunch in Everglades City, hop on an airboat tour of the Everglades’ River of Grass. Airboating is another form of transportation born in the Everglades.
- For dinner, relish still more local seafood with gourmet flair at Deep Lagoon Seafood, back in Naples.
- Enjoy a day of water adventure with Pure Florida Naples. Looking to experience deep-sea fishing? Calm bay fishing? Sightseeing? Shelling? This outfitter offers all of that and more. It is located in Tin City, so plan on some extra time at the rustic, salty retail center for shopping and dining.
- Spend the evening relaxing and reliving the last few amazing days spent on the Paradise Coast over cocktails and dinner along Fifth Avenue South in downtown Naples.
Insider’s Tip: The Naples Pier is the prime from-land spot for witnessing the sun’s dramatic curtain call. If you’re lucky, you may even see the elusive green flash.