Later Gator Poker Run!
This event ended on
2500 Main Street Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
The SWFL Gator Club proudly presents our first ever Later Gator Poker Run! We are a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization located in sunny Southwest Florida. We are affiliated with The University of Florida Alumni Association and all of our monies raised goes directly towards providing scholarships to local students attending UF.
Please join us on Saturday, June 12th for our Later Gator Poker Run. This charity event will be by boat and include 5 stops. The stops are Tarpon Lodge, Cabbage Key, Doc Ford’s, Matanzas on the Bay, with the last stop being at the amazing Shrimp Dock at Salty Sam’s Marina.
Each of our stops will be at one of SWFL’s beautiful waterfront restaurants that has plenty of dock space for our boats to dock, go in and get their card from the SWFL Gator Club table, and enjoy an appetizer, drinks, etc.
This is not a race! We encourage our participants to relax and enjoy the day on the water and at our amazing partner restaurants. All boats will have plenty of time to make it to each stop and enjoy a cocktail, get some water, freshen up, grab a snack, etc. All boats need to be at Salty Sam’s Marina, the final stop, for their last card by 4:00 pm. The best hand wins, no matter the order you return!
Go Gators! Chomp Chomp!
- $500/boat, up to 5 people (including the captain). $100/person for every person after the initial 5.
- Participants must be over the age of 21.
- This price includes a long sleeve, dry fit shirt for each participant, a “swag bag” for each participant, filled with lots of goodies, a complimentary item/boat from each of the 5 stops, an extra special “captain’s bag” for our team leader, and docktail party and dinner at the final stop.
- Event starts at 11:00 am on Saturday, June 12th. The week of the event, the captain of each vessel will receive (we will deliver it to you!) a complimentary “captain’s bag” that includes an orange or blue Gator flag to fly during the event, along with some other bonus goodies for our captains. They will have approximately 2-3 hours to get their first card, go to their second stop , get their second card, and then head to their third stop on Fort Myers Beach.
- Stops 3, 4, and 5 will be on Fort Myers Beach. Boats will have approximately 2 more hours to get their 3rd and 4th poker cards and be at Salty Sam’s, final stop, by 4:00 pm.
- Shrimp Dock will be the location for our docktail party! Here, all boats will receive their last card. While the hands are being reviewed, the SWFL Gator Club will provide dinner for all participants. We will then do awards and prizes.
- Prizes and awards for the top hand are epic, trust us!
- Limited Capacity: we will be capping this event to ensure enough dock space for all participants therefore it’s important that you sign up now! You don’t want to miss this event!
- Bring cash for our “extras”! At Tarpon Lodge, you will have the opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket for $20/ticket. The winning raffle ticket gets a 2 night stay at the beautiful Tarpon Lodge Inn! At Matanzas on the Bay, participants will have the opportunity to “buy a 6th card”. For only $20, teams may purchase a 6th card that is guaranteed to be a face card. Teams will also get a free jell-o shot with the purchase of their 6th card (#worthit!)